[ptx] HuginOSX Universal Binary

Ippei UKAI ippei_ukai at mac.com
Mon Jan 16 17:03:27 GMT 2006

Hi Daniel,

Universal binaries are nothing but two binary files together. the
sources are compiled for Intel and PPC separately and combined
together to make one Mach-O executable. You can in fact make it with
any number of architectures like ppc, ppc64, i386, and ppc750,
ppc7400, ppc970, pentium4, and so on.

I have modified libpano12 so that it does not assume mac is
bigendian. I haven't submitted the change yet, but you are welcome to
commit them if you have an access. Please note they are not tested on
Intel machines. (HuginOSX uses sys_ansi instead of sys_mac as ./
configure did so and I have no problem with it so far. If mac
compilation is suitable even for OSX, auto-config needs modification.)

Ippei