[ptx] HuginOSX Universal Binary

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon Jan 16 01:51:42 GMT 2006

Hi Ippei,

I am very curious about these universal binaries and endianism. What
happens if the endianism detection has been hardcoded at compile time
(see filter.h in panotools for an example)? Wouldn't this mean that
the program will incorrectly run in an architecture different from the
one in which it was compiled?

 Ippei UKAI twisted the bytes to say:

 Ippei> Hello everyone, happy new year!
 Ippei> I have compiled the first universal binary of HuginOSX last week. I'm
 Ippei> hoping to release it when Apple introduce the first Intel Mac
 Ippei> products this year.

 Ippei> http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/software/

 Ippei> Could anyone who has an access to Mac OS X running on Intel test it
 Ippei> and tell me if it works?
 Ippei> Also, if other Mac users could update to either of the Universal
 Ippei> Binary or Debug build, it would appreciated as I have changed
 Ippei> everything to compile with MacOSX SDKs rather than the local system,
 Ippei> and need feedback.

 Ippei> Thanks,
 Ippei> Ippei

--
Daniel M. German                  "To take photographs means to recognize
                                   --simultaneously and within a