[ptx] HuginOSX Universal Binary

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Tue Jan 17 04:19:59 GMT 2006

 Ippei UKAI twisted the bytes to say:

 Ippei> Hi Daniel,
 Ippei> Universal binaries are nothing but two binary files together. the
 Ippei> sources are compiled for Intel and PPC separately and combined
 Ippei> together to make one Mach-O executable. You can in fact make it with
 Ippei> any number of architectures like ppc, ppc64, i386, and ppc750,
 Ippei> ppc7400, ppc970, pentium4, and so on.

Interesting. I guess this means that at least one of the binaries is
cross-compiled.

 Ippei> I have modified libpano12 so that it does not assume mac is
 Ippei> bigendian. I haven't submitted the change yet, but you are welcome to
 Ippei> commit them if you have an access. Please note they are not tested on
 Ippei> Intel machines. (HuginOSX uses sys_ansi instead of sys_mac as ./
 Ippei> configure did so and I have no problem with it so far. If mac
 Ippei> compilation is suitable even for OSX, auto-config needs modification.)

Thanks Ippei, I have sent your patch to Doug, who is currently
maintaining the configure (and related files) in libpano12.

--
Daniel M. German                  "I don't know if HAL is homicidal, suicidal,
   Dr. Floyd, in 2010 ->           neurotic, psychotic, or just plain broken."