[ptx] PTmender Version 0.2 "The enlightment"

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Fri Jan 13 08:45:14 GMT 2006

Daniel M. German wrote:

>  Marek Januszewski twisted the bytes to say:
>
>  Marek> Isn't PTmender an equivalent of nona?
>
> I would rather say that, at this stage, the goal of PTmender is to be
> a rewrite PTStitcher.
>
> PTmender is to nona what PTstitcher is to nona. The reason for
> PTmender to exist is that, under OS X, I wanted colour correction
> while keeping the layers separated for further processing (enblend
> does not do it). There was no binary of PTstitcher for OS X,
> unfortunately, so I took the job.

wouldn't this result in a bunch of tools that can not be effectively
used together and each would provide different features ?

nona/enblend/ptmender - and users would have to choose between different
tradeoffs.

> The main difference between PTStitcher and nona is that PTStitcher can
> use "morph to fit" control points. Nona does not currently do colour
> correction (that task is left to enblend). Enblend works very well,
> but it generates only one layer, which means it is always difficult to
> edit the photo post-processing. One thing I want to do (once I am done
> with this) is to look at enblend and see if the layers can be kept.

what are the current plans in regard to nona/ptmender/enblend ?
will ptmender improvements be available to usual workflow nona->enblend
? maybe it will be integrated in nona ?

--
  Rich