[ptx] PTmender Version 0.2 "The enlightment"

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Fri Jan 13 08:04:21 GMT 2006

 Marek Januszewski twisted the bytes to say:

 Marek> Isn't PTmender an equivalent of nona?

I would rather say that, at this stage, the goal of PTmender is to be
a rewrite PTStitcher.

PTmender is to nona what PTstitcher is to nona. The reason for
PTmender to exist is that, under OS X, I wanted colour correction
while keeping the layers separated for further processing (enblend
does not do it). There was no binary of PTstitcher for OS X,
unfortunately, so I took the job.

The main difference between PTStitcher and nona is that PTStitcher can
use "morph to fit" control points. Nona does not currently do colour
correction (that task is left to enblend). Enblend works very well,
but it generates only one layer, which means it is always difficult to
edit the photo post-processing. One thing I want to do (once I am done
with this) is to look at enblend and see if the layers can be kept.

 Marek> --
 Marek> Pozdrawiam/Best regards,
 Marek> Marek

--
Daniel M. German                  "To read is to travel without all the hassles of luggage."
                                   Emilio Salgari