[ptx] PTmender Version 0.2 "The enlightment"

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Fri Jan 13 09:33:31 GMT 2006

 Rich> Daniel M. German wrote:

 >> Marek Januszewski twisted the bytes to say:

 Marek> Isn't PTmender an equivalent of nona?

 >> I would rather say that, at this stage, the goal of PTmender is to be
 >> a rewrite PTStitcher.
 >>
 >> PTmender is to nona what PTstitcher is to nona. The reason for
 >> PTmender to exist is that, under OS X, I wanted colour correction
 >> while keeping the layers separated for further processing (enblend
 >> does not do it). There was no binary of PTstitcher for OS X,
 >> unfortunately, so I took the job.

 Rich> wouldn't this result in a bunch of tools that can not be effectively
 Rich> used together and each would provide different features ?

that is what we have now. Some people use PTstitcher, while others
use nona.

 Rich> nona/enblend/ptmender - and users would have to choose between different
 Rich> tradeoffs.

Indeed. Non all panoramas have the same requirements.

I will extract the colour correction process from PTmender and make it
available stand alone. Its main restriction, IMHO, is that it only
supports 8 bits. It needs to improved to handle 16 bit images to be
truly useful, but that is not difficult. The core of the work is
there already.

That way you can:

(PTmender|nona) -> ColourCorrection? -> enblend?

 Rich> what are the current plans in regard to nona/ptmender/enblend ?
 Rich> will ptmender improvements be available to usual workflow nona->enblend
 Rich> ? maybe it will be integrated in nona ?

It is not for me to say.

dmg

 Marek> --
 Marek> Pozdrawiam/Best regards,
 Marek> Marek
 Rich> --
  Rich

--
Daniel M. German                  "Diminutive as a mote of dust,
                                   a mere peck of the pen, a crumb on the