[ptx] HDR workflow

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Mon Feb 6 07:40:44 GMT 2006

Hi JD,

> Does Hugin support the float or logluv encoded TIFF HDR files output

It supports float tiff files right now. I haven't tried with logluv yet, but
I think I probably need to convert the logluv -> float inside hugin.

I plan to write an import routine that uses pfstools to read many kinds of
hdr images.

> Where are the holes in this workflow?  I presume there is not a
> convenient way to find control points on the HDR images.

Currently hugin will just scale 0 .. 1.0 in the float to 0 .. 255 for
display and preview purposes. this is not good for hdr images. more work is
needed in that area.