[ptx] HDR workflow

JD Smith jdsmith at as.arizona.edu
Mon Feb 6 06:47:40 GMT 2006

Does Hugin support the float or logluv encoded TIFF HDR files output
by Greg Ward's Photosphere?  A reasonable HDR panorama workflow might
then be:

1. Capture 3 photos at -2EV,0EV,2EV in Raw.
2. Follow the suggestions at http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/
index.php?title=HDR_workflow_with_hugin to convert RAW files into
16bit TIFFs.
3. Read the 16bit TIFFs into Photosphere (I'm actually not sure if
Photosphere can read 16bit TIFFs: Greg's example mentions doing this
with JPEG camera output).
4. Align and build HDR images for each position in the pano,
outputting to LOGLUV or FLOATING TIFF HDR images.
5. Load these HDR images into HUGIN and stitch.
6. Enblend the results.
7. Bring the result back into Photosphere (or where ever) to tonemap.

Where are the holes in this workflow?  I presume there is not a
convenient way to find control points on the HDR images.  Can Hugin
output in the input image type, i.e. and HDR TIFF format?  What else
am I missing?

JD