building hugin on OSX [Re: [ptx] mono and autopano-sift under OS X using fink]

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Sun Aug 20 21:12:12 BST 2006

Hi Pablo,

What version of boost did you use? Also, I noticed that some
directories are hardcoded  in the script (like /opt, instead of the
fink default /sw)

I am installing boot1.33 using fink now. boot1.31 had compilation
issues (I don't even know why it is still distributed within fink :)

dmg

 Pablo d'Angelo twisted the bytes to say:

 Pablo> Daniel M. German schrieb:
 >> I finally downloaded and installed mono and autopano-sift on my
 >> laptop. I used fink (I needed to download the latest version of the
 >> packages).
 >>
 >>> From the tests I have done autopano.exe works well, but autopanog.exe
 >> crashes after the optimization starts. I believe it is a gtk-sharp
 >> issue.
 >>
 >> Fink is currently carrying autopano-sift, enblend, pano12. If we can
 >> make hugin compile from the command line I'll create the .info file
 >> and make sure its added to the fink distribution. It will certainly
 >> make it easy to install for those who use fink.

 Pablo> I have added a script to the CVS that builds a hugin bundle using the
 Pablo> command line. Please note that libpano 2.8.4 need a patch to compile on
 Pablo> Intel OSX, since it is hardcoded to the PPC endianiess and does some ugly
 Pablo> #define p2cstr(x)
 Pablo> stuff which breaks the carbon includes.
 Pablo> The patches can be found in the mac directory of the hugin source. I have
 Pablo> already applied them to the new pano13.

 Pablo> For more instruction look at the mac/build_using_cmdline.sh script.

 Pablo> For hugin cvs sourcecode, the ./bootstrap file might need to be adjusted to
 Pablo> use automake-17 instead of just automake and similar stuff.

 Pablo> Hope this helps.

 Pablo> ps. I have a set of darwinport portfiles to install all dependencies as
 Pablo> well. Will make them available later.

 Pablo> ciao

Daniel M. German                  "I did not believe the information,
   Peter Gabriel ->                I just had to trust imagination."
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/
dmg (at) uvic (dot) ca
replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .