building hugin on OSX [Re: [ptx] mono and autopano-sift under OS X using fink]

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Fri Aug 18 07:41:28 BST 2006

Daniel M. German schrieb:
> I finally downloaded and installed mono and autopano-sift on my
> laptop. I used fink (I needed to download the latest version of the
> packages).
>
>>From the tests I have done autopano.exe works well, but autopanog.exe
> crashes after the optimization starts. I believe it is a gtk-sharp
> issue.
>
> Fink is currently carrying autopano-sift, enblend, pano12. If we can
> make hugin compile from the command line I'll create the .info file
> and make sure its added to the fink distribution. It will certainly
> make it easy to install for those who use fink.

I have added a script to the CVS that builds a hugin bundle using the
command line. Please note that libpano 2.8.4 need a patch to compile on
Intel OSX, since it is hardcoded to the PPC endianiess and does some ugly
#define p2cstr(x)
stuff which breaks the carbon includes.
The patches can be found in the mac directory of the hugin source. I have
already applied them to the new pano13.

For more instruction look at the mac/build_using_cmdline.sh script.

For hugin cvs sourcecode, the ./bootstrap file might need to be adjusted to
use automake-17 instead of just automake and similar stuff.

Hope this helps.

ps. I have a set of darwinport portfiles to install all dependencies as
well. Will make them available later.