[ptx] HuginOSX & TIFF Layered Output

Ippei UKAI ippei_ukai at mac.com
Sat Aug 12 10:32:28 BST 2006

On 2006-08-12, at 08:06, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

> Ippei UKAI wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> By the way, I thought choosing PTStitcher engine was disabled on OSX.
>> Maybe for debugging, but should not be available for normal users. Do
>> any developers remember why this one was enabled again? If it's OK, I
>> want to make sure it cannot be selected unless user chooses a custom
>> executable.
>
> I enabled it when PTmender became available. I guess its ok to
> disable it by
> default and only allow using it once the User has chosen so.
> However, how
> can the user select the PTmender shipped inside the bundle?
>
> Also I'd like to ship the useful tools Daniel has written, but just
> inside
> the bundle they are useless, right? How are command line programs
> installed
> under OSX short of using fink or darwinports?

I think you are still confused about the "bundle" on OSX. The
application bundle is a way to wrap around the components of AN
application.  GUI users see that directory as if it is a file
(application that has .app extension) which you can double click to
launch or DnD to open a file. Only PTOptimizer and enblend got the
status of being "a part of HuginOSX" that provides its functionality.
Nothing else. autopano-sift should theoretically stay out of the
bundle unless we support it as a part of hugin.

Now, most command line applications are not part of HuginOSX. They
are independent command line tools. Therefore distributed separately.
I won't do anything to make those command line tools 'nicer'. They
are for people who know what they are doing. Just tgz and give it to
them, then they'll figure out. I will include enblend to this
separate package too so it can be used outside the bundle too, and
PTmender is also already there. As we are not supporting PTmender
yet, users who know what they are doing can find it in the command
line tools and try it choosing it as a custom PTStitcher program.

What's daniel's too? It is probably already there if it's already in
the hugin CVS

$ ls -R /Users/ippei/dev/HuginOSX/HuginOSX-v0.6/tools
autopano-sift   enblend         hugin           panotools

/Users/ippei/dev/HuginOSX/HuginOSX/tools/autopano-sift:
HOWTO-autopanosift.txt          autopano-sift Website.webloc
Mono Website.webloc

/Users/ippei/dev/HuginOSX/HuginOSX/tools/enblend:
AUTHORS                 NEWS                    VIGRA_LICENSE
COPYING                 README                  enblend
Enblend Website.webloc  TODO

/Users/ippei/dev/HuginOSX/HuginOSX/tools/hugin:
LICENCE                 fulla.html              nona_gui.app
autooptimiser           mergepto                zhang_undistort
color_correct_tiff      nona
fulla                   nona.txt

/Users/ippei/dev/HuginOSX/HuginOSX/tools/hugin/nona_gui.app:
Contents

/Users/ippei/dev/HuginOSX/HuginOSX/tools/hugin/nona_gui.app/Contents:
Info.plist      MacOS           PkgInfo

/Users/ippei/dev/HuginOSX/HuginOSX/tools/hugin/nona_gui.app/Contents/
MacOS:
nona_gui

/Users/ippei/dev/HuginOSX/HuginOSX/tools/panotools:
Panorama Tools Website.webloc   libpano12
clens

/Users/ippei/dev/HuginOSX/HuginOSX/tools/panotools/clens:
AUTHORS COPYING NEWS    README  clens

/Users/ippei/dev/HuginOSX/HuginOSX/tools/panotools/libpano12:
AUTHORS         NEWS            PTblender       PTtiff2psd      panoinfo
COPYING         PTOptimizer     PTmender        README

Ippei

--
   MSN & AIM: ippei_ukai at mac.com  (Skype: ippei_ukai)