[ptx] Re: Swedish Hugin localisation

Ippei UKAI ippei_ukai at mac.com
Wed Aug 9 21:05:43 BST 2006

Got the file from Ulf and committed to CVS. (Thanks Ulf!)

We realised the .pot file on CVS is slightly outdated. Could anyone
running configure+make process on CVS tree either update the
hugin.pot file on CVS or send to us by email? (Sorry, I don't really
want to run configure+make just for that. Ulf and me both use Mac.)

Thanks,
Ippei

On 2006-08-08, at 19:18, Ippei UKAI wrote:

> Hi Ulf,
>
> Maybe Bruno's very busy at the moment.
>
> If you sent me the file, I can submit it to the CVS. (Which would
> subsequently be added to coming 0.6.1 release)
>
> As to the menu item '&', it is a shortcut key specifier on Windows
> environment (and maybe some Unix DE? Don't know well).
>
> Quotes from random webpage:
>> The & character in the name of the menu item adds an underscore to
>> the character that follows the & character. Using the & character
>> also creates a keyboard shortcut for the menu item, if the menu is
>> open and the user presses the 'O' character then the item
>> '&Open...' is selected.
>
> As Swedish uses alphabet, I guess it would benefit users to have
> those set appropriately. But it shouldn't be a big problem even if
> not set for some of them, or even any of them.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Ippei
>

> On 2006-08-08, at 14:59, Ulf Wilhelmson wrote:
>
>> I have finished the translation to Swedish and sent the se.po file
>> to Bruno,
>> but have not gotten any response if it were OK or even if he
>> received it.
>> I sent it twice, 1st of August, and then the 6th to an alternative
>> email
>> address I found.
>>
>> I'd like to know whether the file is lost in cyberspace or not.
>> Should I send it to someone else too?
>>
>> In the original hugin pot file I found at http://
>> hugin.sourceforge.net/docs/
>> there were no strings with the new projection formats, so I assume
>> there
>> are more work to do.
>>
>> Also, I do not really understand the function of the strings
>> containing the
>> &-character. First, I was convinced it was the keyboard shortcuts,
>> but there
>> are double occurrences &Add and &About...
>> I have not been checking the translations of the &-strings for
>> consistency.
>>
>> Please let me know how to proceed.
>>
>> Ulf
>>

> --
>   MSN & AIM: ippei_ukai at mac.com  (Skype: ippei_ukai)
>   Homepage:  http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/

-- UKAI, Ippei --
2nd-year UG student, the University of Edinburgh
Degree Course: BSc in Computational Linguistics