[ptx] Some questions about Hugin [Debian packaging]

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Mon Jul 18 13:09:05 BST 2005

Florent Bayle schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working on packaging hugin for Debian [official packages], an I have some
> questions :

Great! So hugin is going to be include in debian officially soon?

>  - which applications are containing SIFT code (only sift_keypoints, or also
> panosifter) ?

No, its just sift_keypoints. However, both of these utilities are
obseleted by autopano and autopano-sift. I will cleanup the hugin
source, and remove these parts from the main hugin package.

I have just removed these programs:
  - panosifter
  - automatch

After this cleanup, the only non GNU GPL sources included are the
modified vigra sourcecode and the jhead sourcecode.

>  - why is vigra source code included in hugin sources ? Can't we use the
> "official" vigra (http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/vigra/) ?

I have made some changes to the vigra library (mainly the code to
read/write image files with alpha channel). I haven't merged the changes
into back into the official vigra tree yet.

> And some suggestions/bug reports :
>
>  - why do not set nona as default PTSticher (I'll do that in my package
> because PTStitcher will certainly not be included in Debian).
>  - there is some errors in README file :
>    - sift licence is in "LICENCE_SIFT" and not in "SIFT_LICENCE"
>    - autopano is not distributed with Hugin, so if you want to let it in
> README, you should specify the website address

There was an old experimental autopano program included, before
Alexandre's autopano became availabble.