[ptx] Nona stitching engine issue.

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at informatik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Apr 28 11:13:48 BST 2005

Chiew 秋 wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm a beginner user of Hugin and is currently using the rpm supplied
>by Bruno (thanks for contributing those rpm packages). The version
>installed is "hugin-0.5-1cvs20050426.bp.fc2.i386.rpm" with all it's
>dependencies installed.
>
>I keep encountering the same problem when it comes time to stitch. I'm
>using the nona stitching engine and it keeps segfault halfway through
>the stitching process (ie stitching to "multiple tiff"). After a few
>try I decided to initiate nona from the console and the following
>error was reported.
>
>--------------------------------
>[localuser]$ nona_gui
>Panorama obj created
>output image size: 14456x7228
>caught exception: St9bad_alloc

Nona has run out of memory. There are some parts that could be optimized
a bit more. In an unfortunate case, nona can need twice the
memory that is needed to store on panorama image (when remapping to
multiple tiff).

One image of size 14456x7228 needs 14456 * 7228 * 4 bytes = 398,6 MB of RAM.

Try using a smaller output size, and it should work better.