[ptx] Nona stitching engine issue.

=?GB2312?Q?Chiew_=C7=EF?= cnyong.aus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:29:04 BST 2005

Hi,

I'm a beginner user of Hugin and is currently using the rpm supplied
by Bruno (thanks for contributing those rpm packages). The version
installed is "hugin-0.5-1cvs20050426.bp.fc2.i386.rpm" with all it's
dependencies installed.

I keep encountering the same problem when it comes time to stitch. I'm
using the nona stitching engine and it keeps segfault halfway through
the stitching process (ie stitching to "multiple tiff"). After a few
try I decided to initiate nona from the console and the following
error was reported.

--------------------------------
[localuser]$ nona_gui
Panorama obj created
output image size: 14456x7228
caught exception: St9bad_alloc
--------------------------------

I'm not sure if this is a nona's bug or something else related to it.
I thought I should pass it on to make Hugin a better application. This
error is repeatable.

Some info to the panoramic photos I was trying to stitch.
- number of photos: 13
- photos format: png
- control points: ~4 to 5 points per photo pair
- dimension of photos: 2048x1536
- size of photos: ~4 - 5MB each

If you need any extra info with regards to this bug, I'll be more than
happy to provide.

--
Best wishes,
::CN::

To  e free and  ai ...
   b           f  r
        do what you lov  and not what others  xpect.
                       e                     e