[ptx] Using Nona via the Terminal on OS X

Ian Wood ian at azurevision.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 00:03:00 BST 2005

On 26 Apr 2005, at 23:29, Bruno Postle wrote:

> On Tue 26-Apr-2005 at 20:14 +0100, Ian Wood wrote:
>>
>> Having downloaded HuginOSX-20050414 from Ippei's site, I'm trying to
>> run Nona from the command line and not doing too well, probably from
>> limited Unix knowledge.
>>
>> "path to nona" [options] -o output project_file
>
> The [options] means that the options are optional.  In fact the only
> option available is '-h' which just prints the same message.
>
> I don't know where nona is installed by the mac bundle, but assuming
> it can be found somewhere like /usr/local/bin, a command-line might
> look like this:
>
>  /usr/local/bin/nona -o /Users/Ian/stuff.tif /Users/Ian/script.txt
>
> Otherwise you could try running nona_gui, which has dialog boxes for
> locating these files.
>
> --
> Bruno

Thanks Bruno, that's got me a bit further. On OS X Nona just lives in
the same folder as Hugin. You got me as far as an error message looking
for a file on Ippei's user account. Then as a test I decided to
generate the script file from Hugin in case I had got the syntax wrong
and now it works fine. It's so long since I had to deal directly with
PTStitcher scripts that I'm a bit rusty...

With a bit of luck (and an accurate panohead) I can now make an
AppleScript/shell script droplet that automatically processes each
folder of source files dropped onto it.

Thanks again,

Ian