[ptx] No images shown in interface

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 24 19:29:26 BST 2005

> --- Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr> wrote:
> > Edouard Gomez (ed.gomez at free.fr) wrote:
> > > No segfaults on startups in unicode mode, BUT i
> > have absolutly no images
> > > on screen  when i load pto  files generated by
> > autopano-sift.  I see the
> > > application mapping  correctly the files,  it
> has
> > all the  files loaded,
> > > but the half  panel dedicated to images in the
> > image  panel, in the lens
> > > panel and in the control points panel don't
> > appear.
> > >
> > > Is this a known bug ?
>
> Yes it is with wx 2.5.3 and later
>
> > Any workaround possible just
> > hacking XRC files ?
>
> Probably - I'll be looking at it to day and
> tomorrow.

OK, good news and bad news....
Bad news first - there is a problem in the wx 2.5.x
series starting with wx 2.5.3 with wxSplitterwindows
derived from XRC files on linux and they just plain
don't work on windows.

Now the good news - wxWidgets 2.6.0 has been released
as the next _stable_ version, and in this version, not
only does this work in wxGTK, but also in wxMSW.

This is very good news indeed, since now:
1. The issues with small windows should be solved for
windows and linux. Most of the areas are now
scrollable and the split between left/right ("Images"
and "Camera and lens" tabs) and top/bottom ("Control
Points" tab) can be moved.
2. A much larger number of image buttons in the
preview window can be seen since this is also now
scrollable.

I have committed the changes to CVS and hopefully a
new beta with these and the other fixes (most notable
is the fix for the enblend options) should be
available soon.

regards,
Doug