[ptx] New, easier Hugin installer

Robert William Hutton rwh at helms-deep.cable.nu
Wed Apr 20 11:12:06 BST 2005

Hi all,

This is my first post to the list, and first contribution to the Hugin
effort.

I recently downloaded and installed Hugin on Windows, and found the
experience relatively difficult, with lots of different downloads
required from all over the place.  There were even multiple different
versions of each tool, and you have to make sure that you get the right one.

I thought that there must be an easier way.

All of the tools are freely downloadable, so I have made an installer
that includes them all.  It sets up the registry settings correctly,
assigning the .pto and .oto file extensions to the correct applications,
as well as the settings required for hugin to find all of its backend
applications.  It puts pano12.dll in the correct system folder.

Anyway, comments/criticisms/bug reports are welcome.  Download from here:

http://users.on.net/~rwh/hugin/installer/setup-Hugin-0.5beta3.exe

The source file, created in InnoSetup 5.0.8 is available from here:

http://users.on.net/~rwh/hugin/installer/hugin.iss

A zipfile of the complete tree that I used to create the installer is here:

http://users.on.net/~rwh/hugin/installer/hugin_installer.zip

InnoSetup is Free software, and is available from here:

http://www.jrsoftware.org/

Hope someone finds it useful! :)

Cheers,

Robert.