[ptx] nona vs. PTStitcher

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Thu Apr 7 08:01:47 BST 2005

I have 2 issues with the current version of nona:
http://www.panoclub.de/gallery/360-deg-bug
The second is the (actually) unsupported crop of fisheye-images in hugin.

The first one doesn't appear all the time and it didn't appear on my
last pano - maybe it's fixed meanwhile?!

I would like to use the multi-layer-tiff format, nona provides (one tiff
with several layers, each one is only that big like it is really needed
and inhabits positioning information). There was a patch for enblend 1.3
(I'm still using 1.3) to handle this format and gimp 2.x can read it.
Unfortunately gimp cannot write this format - otherwise this workflow
would be perfect for me.

I would really like to see nona pushed - it was my default stitcher for
large multirows. I would like to see a patch for gimp as well to enable
gimp writing the multilayered tiff format. Someone postetd during the
last week that patching newer enblend versions to handle the
multilayererd tiff from nona seems to be very complicated?!

>I remarked also that even if I ask multi-tiff to Nona, I get a single
>tiff panorama.

Jean-Luc - can it be, that you have selected "Multi-Layered-Tiff" by
accident? For me every combination of
nona/multi-tiff/multi-layered-tiff/softblending/enblend_1.3
/enblend_2.2 works just fine (wxp, hugin 0.5beta3).

best, mike