[ptx] RE: RE: new panos

Philippe Gac tech at ediphi.org
Fri Sep 17 09:59:12 BST 2004

> Doesn't the IXUS V3 have a panorama mode, like all the other Canon cameras
> (I got a Powershot A40, one level below the IXUS)?

Pablo, you're perfectly right... I should have used the canon's pano mode which locks exposure. I abandonned it because
of poor results with photostitch (vignetting) and huge brightness differences across the pano, but locking exp. on the
bightest yaw should be a better choice. I thought that individual exp. settings would optimize each image (which it
does) and that PT would manage that nicely (which it doesn't).
and I'm lazy, wearily pressing 4 more buttons...
and some panos were improvised...
and this mode is limited to 26 views...

> Hmm, but that just holds the focus, and not the exposure, or?
no, both
> shoot in manual mode.
no such mode: "M" mode which I constantly use only gives you 2 more auto options...

> > > correction. Also, higher jpg quality will look a lot nicer.. Many of
> compressed WAY to much. please use something like quality 85 or so for them.
> makes bigger files.
ok, 70% was definitely not enough
I'm going to improve the script to have a pointer to a higher quality image
and/or install a special pano page

> No image in my gallery at
> http://wurm.wh-wurm.uni-ulm.de/~redman/gallery/panoramas has been
> coloradjusted in the gimp.