[ptx] HUGIN/autopano/Enblend/suggestions

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Mar 18 16:42:25 GMT 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Ute Karsten Kiessling wrote:

> Hello Pablo,
>
> thanks for your fast and comprehensive answer.
>
> >> I only missed or have not found the option to rotate the pictures or
> tile
> >> the window horizontaly).
>
> >I didn't have a need for that so far, since I usually rotate the
> pictures
> >with jpegtran, as soon as I download them from the camera.
>
> I have red your discussion about this with Marko Mäkelä and I am
> wondered
> that this is a problem. In PTGUI you can see the images in portrait
> mode,
> set the controlpoints and after optimization the roll parameter is
> approximately 90 degrees. But no problem to rotate the images before
> HUGIN, is it only a little bit unconvenient.

Its not a problem, but then one will see stranger angles (I often look at
them ;). I'll add the function sometime (its quite low priority, tough,
nona, enblend & autopano are more important).

> Thats sounds very good. BTW I have found a (german) GUI for enblend,
> look at this:
> http://cfi.linet.de/endlendgui/enblendgui.zip

The link seems to be broken. but so far, a gui is not really needed I think
;) Maybe for windows.

> I have tried to optimize a single image to remove the perspective
> distortion
> in HUGIN with nona and PTOptimizer but with no result. I am wrong?

This should work. there is even a tutorial about it on the hugin homepage.
If that doesn't work, then please tell me more excactly where the problem
is.