[ptx] HUGIN/autopano/Enblend/suggestions

Ute Karsten Kiessling UteKarsten.Kiessling at t-online.de
Tue Mar 16 20:49:30 GMT 2004

Hello Pablo,

thanks for your fast and comprehensive answer.

>> I only missed or have not found the option to rotate the pictures or
tile
>> the window horizontaly).

>I didn't have a need for that so far, since I usually rotate the
pictures
>with jpegtran, as soon as I download them from the camera.

I have red your discussion about this with Marko Mäkelä and I am
wondered
that this is a problem. In PTGUI you can see the images in portrait
mode,
set the controlpoints and after optimization the roll parameter is
approximately 90 degrees. But no problem to rotate the images before
HUGIN,
is it only a little bit unconvenient.

>> My suggestions:
>>
>> 1) Enblend
>>
>> Uses multilayer tiff where every image have the size of the full
>> panorama/mosaic (requirements: fast computer, lots of RAM). This
could
>> be impossible or time and RAM consuming on large projects . But it
>> should be possible to do the same with GEOTIFF's, where every GEOTIFF

>> have only the size of itselve but it know its position. "It is based
on
>> the standard TIFF image format with extra header tags used to store
>> various types of georeferencing information such as image extents and

>> projection system."
> (a first link is: http://remotesensing.org/geotiff/geotiff.html)

>Actually, nona already outputs such tiff files (no need for geotiff,
the
>normal tiff standart already defines the needed tags), its just enblend

>which doesn't handle them. As I'd like to add enblend's blending to
nona,
>this won't be a big problem I hope.

Thats sounds very good. BTW I have found a (german) GUI for enblend,
look at this:
http://cfi.linet.de/endlendgui/enblendgui.zip

>Anyway, I plan to replace PTStitcher with an improved
>version of nona soon.

Oh thats good news. I've been waiting on your new version of nona.

I have tried to optimize a single image to remove the perspective
distortion
in HUGIN with nona and PTOptimizer but with no result. I am wrong?

Ciao Karsten