[ptx] Registration testcases

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Tue Jan 20 09:53:19 GMT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Alexandre Jenny wrote:

> So I will provide some testcases : standard and fast one (small number of
> pictures) and really complex and big one (with many exposures for example).

Jep, haven't cut them down into small pieces yet. Send me a link to the
images, I'll add them.

> Let's have 2 overlaping pictures (with some part overlap, not necessary the
> whole picture). We assume that the matching algorithm already solved the
> matrices and theses pictures are well located for stitch. Let's also assumes
> we have the exif informations (Fnumber, exposure time). For each pixel, we
> could with this information calculate the real pixel color by applying the
> same calculation as in HDRshop and the output will directly by the pixel
> color in float/double format achieving directly the full dynamic range. This
> system could easily be extended to something many pictures with different
> exposure for calculating one pixel in HDR.

jep, thats a very interesting idea. I haven't tried anything in that area
yet, but probably we need a bit more than just scale the brightness values
by a function of the exif data, but the general idea is great.

> Now. Let's just create the keypoints algorithm for hugin ...

Yep, most important right now.

> Btw : Do you like my website ?

looks very good. unfortunately, I can't see the flash panoramas right now
(WinNT, Mozilla 1.4)