[ptx] Registration testcases

alexandre jenny alexandre.jenny at le-geo.com
Tue Jan 20 08:32:34 GMT 2004

The idea of testcases is really good.
I can provide many of them. Just have a look at my website :
http://www.kolor.com
There's actually 138 panoramas there and adding more today. This site is why
I'm not having too much time for sift code actually, but that's old story
now.

So I will provide some testcases : standard and fast one (small number of
pictures) and really complex and big one (with many exposures for example).

BTW : An idea for the future ;-) (I always have many idea. I post it here
just to keep a trace of it)
The next step after solving this SIFT features extraction, which seems to be
quite solved is to come back to nona and improve the blending for hdr
sampling. I explain :
Let's have 2 overlaping pictures (with some part overlap, not necessary the
whole picture). We assume that the matching algorithm already solved the
matrices and theses pictures are well located for stitch. Let's also assumes
we have the exif informations (Fnumber, exposure time). For each pixel, we
could with this information calculate the real pixel color by applying the
same calculation as in HDRshop and the output will directly by the pixel
color in float/double format achieving directly the full dynamic range. This
system could easily be extended to something many pictures with different
exposure for calculating one pixel in HDR.
By having that, you didn't need anymore to worry about overexposure,
underexposure, etc. Just take many pictures with different exposures and let
have the algorithm solves that. Moreover, blending is really simplified.
... It's just an idea for future ...

Now. Let's just create the keypoints algorithm for hugin ...

Bye
   Alexandre Jenny

Btw : Do you like my website ?