[ptx] hugin 0.4pre available

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Mon Jan 5 03:20:11 GMT 2004

Hi List,

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 06:05, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Some improvements have been made to hugin, the opensource GUI for Panorama
> Tools, since the 0.3beta release.

This hugin user playing with hugin once every six months and commenting
on it, again... I recently had the time again to play around with hugin
(CVS-build of 14.12.2003) and found a few things I think might be worth
mentioning:

- The lens feature is a bit awkward to me. I load a few pics & all get
lens 0 assigned. I set my control points, optimize a bit etc and then
say load a second row of pics. These pics then get lens 1 assigned.
Seems I can't change this -- I'd of course like them to have lens 0
assigned as well. Seems there is some flexibility missing in the lens
tab...

- The Druid in the Preview window takes up quite a bit space. Wouldn't
it be nice to be able to turn it off for my tiny little Notebook screen?
- When I build a pano project and run the optimizer several times (with
restarts of Hugin in-between, saving & loading the project), I get quite
different results of the optimizer, altering the preview quite a bit.
Maybe that's b/c I'm inexperienced with respect to PanoTools, but I'm
naively wondering whether a seemingly random element in the progress
should be the case given fixed control points...

But then again I really love the app...

HaJo