pano preview window (was: hugin devel)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Mon Sep 8 16:46:10 BST 2003

Hallo Kai-Uwe,

Kai-Uwe Behrmann schrieb am Montag, den 08. September 2003:

> Hi,
>
> Am 05.09.03, 13:31 +0200 schrieb Pablo d'Angelo:
>
> > my currently available time). So we will probably live without a
> > detachable panel for some time. Actually I don't see a reason for
> > detaching it, other than watching the preview in the Images tab.
> > If thats the only reason, then it the preview should be moved into
> > an own window.
>
> Yes, an flying preview window could be one solution. I think, due to the
> time consuming panotools calculations, it is necessary to switch
> automatic preview calculation off, as well as modfiy at any time the time
> relevant values of previews like size and precission. This (IMHO) should be
> allways reachable and was my reason to make the panorama tab detachable
> (including the preview controls).

Well I'd like to put the preview control into the preview window ;)
the size is automatically determined by the size of the preview window,
a checkmark for on/off will also fit into the window. I think PTGUI has
a really nice preview window, please take a look at it. Someday I want
to have the same in hugin ;)

> I am a little bit confused about putting pending controls directly to an
> flying preview window.

what do you mean with pending controls? you mean the window could be
hidden and the user is left wondering whats going on?

> If there are no comments, I will follow Pablos suggestion and remove the
> preview settings  from the panorama tab, migrating to theyre own window.

Ok, please wait a day or two, I have started to modify/rewrite PanoPanel,
and to shift the optimisation into the optimisation panel. I'm also cleaning up
the messy handling with multiple lenses (by starting with a single lens
version ;) I dont think a lot of people understood the current lens
panel completely. I'm probably removing lots of your code, but I think
the result will be a cleaner code and simpler GUI. I hope you don't take
this as an offense, but sometimes I'm a little picky about global variables and
tight coupling of classes. I just had nothing to do at the weekend, so I
sat down and started coding ;)

I'll write something about the previews later on, since I'm currently
still at work.