pano preview window (was: hugin devel)

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Sep 8 16:21:53 BST 2003

Hi,

Am 05.09.03, 13:31 +0200 schrieb Pablo d'Angelo:

> my currently available time). So we will probably live without a
> detachable panel for some time. Actually I don't see a reason for
> detaching it, other than watching the preview in the Images tab.
> If thats the only reason, then it the preview should be moved into
> an own window.

Yes, an flying preview window could be one solution. I think, due to the
time consuming panotools calculations, it is necessary to switch
automatic preview calculation off, as well as modfiy at any time the time
relevant values of previews like size and precission. This (IMHO) should be
allways reachable and was my reason to make the panorama tab detachable
(including the preview controls).

I am a little bit confused about putting pending controls directly to an
flying preview window.

If there are no comments, I will follow Pablos suggestion and remove the
preview settings  from the panorama tab, migrating to theyre own window.

Suggestion for preview behaviour:

first preview window (small as 256x128 pixel)
- open an preview window with hugin startup (automatic preview is set)
- showing all values below the panorama image
- starting an update process for the panotools within this window class
  to easy interupt it while deleting this window or pressing escape
- show allways an full panorama (360x180 degree)
second preview window
- as usual in panoviewer if external preview is set on and an full
  equirectangular pano is requested
- show the image alternately in xli or something similiar for windows/mac
  if panoviewer is unaware to show the result properly

Hope it will be clear and easy for hugin newcomers with this.

Kai-Uwe