Panorama stitchers, feathering, seaming etc..

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Oct 30 07:02:20 GMT 2003

Am 29.10.03, 17:32 -0500 schrieb Ed Halley:

> In general, I agree that hugin should be an interface and orchestrator,
> not a number-cruncher or pixel-cruncher.
>
> I would rather use the ImageMagick suite for backend tasks, as it's
> easier to install and script externally than GIMP.  It has most of the
> necessary 48bit support today, too.

Now we are by the numbers, take a look at cinepaint, former filmgimp. It
has floating point support - 96bit RGB beside traditional 8-bit and 16-bit
per channel integers. If we want be open to do serious HDR, which is
impossible even with ImageMagics 16-bit integers(48bit), an open door to
cinepaint would be good.

Additionaly the plug-ins of the gimp-1.0 and 1.2 interface compile
without much work for 8-bit mode in cinepaint.
Scripting should be possible with cinepaint/gimp. An batch mode is
available.

Kai-Uwe