Panorama stitchers, feathering, seaming etc..

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Wed Oct 29 22:32:57 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 09:03, Bruno Postle wrote:

>   - Hugin doesn't do stitching, the stitcher just spits out a series
>     of png images for every layer in the output panorama (or a
>     single multi-layer xcf file with individual layer masks).
>
>   - A merge plug-in for the gimp stitches _any_ multilayer image
>     using panorama-tools style feathering and colour correction.
>
> The advantage of doing this in the gimp is that tweaks could be made
> by hand before using the automated merging.

In general, I agree that hugin should be an interface and orchestrator,
not a number-cruncher or pixel-cruncher.

I would rather use the ImageMagick suite for backend tasks, as it's
easier to install and script externally than GIMP.  It has most of the
necessary 48bit support today, too.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]