new toolbar, guidance artwork?

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Wed Oct 29 23:08:15 GMT 2003

Hi Ed,

> Would anybody vehemently mind if I adopted a larger toobar button size,
> and redid the artwork?

Sure, go ahead. Well, for the icon size, I don't think that the icons need to
be a lot bigger (the gimp icons look like 26x26 or so, at least from the
screenshot I'm looking at right now), because I need the screen estate for
point picking :) Whats the icon size you want to use?

I just took the standart icons from the Bluecurve theme. And drew some on my
own, I'm sure everybody can easily recognize these ;)

>   I'd stick to gnome2 style, but I think the
> buttons could be clearer if they weren't three-by-three pixel icons.
> Maybe look at the GIMP 1.3 button set for an idea of what I'm thinking.

The buttons are supposed to be 22x22 size. are they smaller than that on
your system?

> As the interface matures, I'd also like to add user guidance artwork
> inside the panels, as appropriate.  Things that would help new or
> visually oriented users grok the meanings of the new optimizer
> auto-modes and such.

sure, stuff like that is really missing right now.