simpler optimize & crappy manual (hugin2003_10_28-00_42.tgz)

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Tue Oct 28 08:05:09 GMT 2003

Sorry,

forgot to mention, that I saw this on w2k. But looks like a non expected
condition - so it probably will behave likely at linux?!

I just played a bit with this methods - and I like it, especially the easy
definition of the anchor image. That should be easy to understand for new
hugin (or pano tools) users as well.
Can you add a method "none" or a button "Deselect all" that would make it
easy and quick to blank all optimisation toggles?

And - sorry again for asking additions:
Would it be possible to make the select/clear buttons work on a range of
toggles (selected using shift and mouse)? I know, that multiple selection is
not possible for optimisation toggles in the current code.

Selecting a method is not only "once applying a toogle to all exept the
anchor image" (like I expected). The toogles for optimisation will as well
change according your anchor image selection in the images tab if the method
was preselected - very nice :-)

What I need to fiddle out more exact is the behaviour when a method was
selected, but you de-/select additional toggles. Behaves totally correct now,
but during my first try there was some strange behavior while switching
between the tabs?! Maybe the method selector should automatically switch to
 custom if somebody changes the method by using additional toggles. But
that's not worth the code it requires - just what I thought using it the
first time.

Again, Pablo,
thanks a lot for adding this to the code. I'm in contact with some people
just starting to make panoramas with pano tools frontends. Till now they
avoided using PTOpenGui because it is still hard to use, but they start using
hugin. I'm sure, they will like it and it will become easier to make
understandable documentation (yes, I know, the 'hint') ;-).

best, mike