optimizer refinements (hugin2003_10_28-10_51.tgz)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Tue Oct 28 09:53:07 GMT 2003

Hi,

> forgot to mention, that I saw this on w2k. But looks like a non expected
> condition - so it probably will behave likely at linux?!

well, wxwindows cross platform differences... should be fixed now.

> I just played a bit with this methods - and I like it, especially the easy
> definition of the anchor image. That should be easy to understand for new
> hugin (or pano tools) users as well.
> Can you add a method "none" or a button "Deselect all" that would make it
> easy and quick to blank all optimisation toggles?
>
> And - sorry again for asking additions:
> Would it be possible to make the select/clear buttons work on a range of
> toggles (selected using shift and mouse)? I know, that multiple selection is
> not possible for optimisation toggles in the current code.

Hmm I have to play with wxwindows a little bit.

> Selecting a method is not only "once applying a toogle to all exept the
> anchor image" (like I expected). The toogles for optimisation will as well
> change according your anchor image selection in the images tab if the method
> was preselected - very nice :-)

well, without that it would be a bit useless I guess. now one can edit
points or add images and optimize by just pressing the optimize button in
the toolbar, without switching to the optimizer tab.

> What I need to fiddle out more exact is the behaviour when a method was
> selected, but you de-/select additional toggles. Behaves totally correct now,
> but during my first try there was some strange behavior while switching
> between the tabs?! Maybe the method selector should automatically switch to
>  custom if somebody changes the method by using additional toggles. But
> that's not worth the code it requires - just what I thought using it the
> first time.

I'll disable the checkmarks when one of the automatic modes is selected.
the sideeffect of switching to custom when changing a checkbox could be
confusing for new users. also it is nice to see that they do not have to
change any checkmark if they choose a predefined mode.