simpler optimize & crappy manual (hugin2003_10_28-00_42.tgz)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Mon Oct 27 23:43:24 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've just commited a simpler interface to the optimizer. Now one can select
the anchor image in the image tab, and a dropdown menu in the Optimize tab
allows the selection of different optimisation sets.

the anchor changes are automatically applied, so one can change the anchor
and press optimize in the tool bar and it'll do the right thing.

no "chained" optimisations like in PTAssembler supported yet. I'm not sure
if they are really needed. maybe for multirow panos.

One questions: I use the following heuristic to decide if the
user wants to optimize pitch and roll of the anchor or not:
n = number of vertical and horizontal control points

n=0: fix y,p,r
n=1: fix y,p
n>=2: fix y

and objections against that? should I require more vert. or horiz. points
for optimizing p and r?

A very quickly written reference manual (hmm, haven't even reread it
completely..) is also included. I should have used something a bit
better suited to writing structured documents, like docbook or latex... To
lazy to write a TOC in html...