entry level documentation

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Mon Oct 13 12:52:01 BST 2003

Hi,

>If you write the HTML code, please do not use all the latest HTML
>constructs, stick to basic HTML (without javascript), so that I can use
>the wxwindow HTML renderer for the documentation, at least for a
>reference documentation style documentation.

I will write very basic HTML. It's an tutorial, not a 3D adventure ;-)

>Hmm, what kind of documentation do you want to write? A reference (that
>explains every tab in detail) or a tutorial?

I will start with a small first contact tutorial that explains how to do a
simple single row pano with cylindrical projection. That should be the
simplest way and the thing, most starters with pano tools/hugin will like to
do.

"How to find the right pitch"
"best practise for handhelds"
"best practise for multirows"

>I think a good tutorial is more important than a complete reference
>documentation. It should enable novice users to produce some simple
>panoramas without too much fuss.

Yes,
we should first enable starters to get their single row working -
understanding pano tools parameters should start later.

>Maybe I could also place the project files of the panorams in my gallery
>on some website. But then again some of them are a bit confusing, because
>I only shoot handheld and creating the panoramas my source images is like
>solving a jigsaw ;)

I can share some single/multi row panos done with tripod and nodalpoint
adapter - that should be an easy start. I should size the individual pics
down to 800x600 or so.

I've already done a simple workshop for PTOpengui - but it's just a workshop
to a specific problem with some explainations beneath:
http://www.trozzreaxxion.net/misc/ptopengui_ws1/ptopenguiws1.html (in
german). In a style like this one I can imagine a 'best practise for
handhelds' workshop?!

What do you think?

best, mike