cp editor updates

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Wed Oct 8 18:49:52 BST 2003

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

> > The "Add" button is not connected yet, but the left mouse button
> > does the same thing, but faster.
>
> ??
> What is it intended for?  Or do you mean right mouse and it should
> take over in non-auto mode?

Hmm, I thought its for the people who would not try to use the left
mouse button. But actually I should remove it and use the precious
screen space for something useful :)

A tooltip on the auto-add checkbox and a note in the status
bar should be enough.

> Here are some more notes I took while trying:
>
> I still do get a crash if I load a project, then press 'New' and try
> to add images to this new project.

Please feel free to enter such bugs into sf bug tracker, if they haven't
been fixed after you mentioned them. I tend to forget some of my bugs
while playing with the control point selector ;)

> If I have a blank after a number in the input fields (a,b etc.) I get
> a complaint about non-numeric input.  True, but blanks could be
> stripped silently.

it would be even better if you couldn't enter them ;)

> The color of the 'active' image pair (e.g. if I click on one in the
> list) has changed (for me it's orange or so, no longer red).  It's
> hard to locate.  Red was nicer....

But it was the same color as a new point, so it was confusing.. have
to use another easily spottable color..

> The infinite select possibility for the first (also second) point is
> nice.  However every now and then both the circle and the box
> disappear.  I can't really reproduce it, though - I first thought it's
> when re-selecting the initial position.

I'm changing some stuff here anyway, so these bugs might go away without
me noticing it...

> And at last two-and-a-half wishes (for the beta-release ;^>)
>
> It would be nice to have a/b/c values predefinable in the config file
> (for new panos)

Hmm. thats the future lens database

> In 100% mode, the mouse wheel scrolls vertically.  Just in my case
> quite slow (small steps).  Would be nice to have that amount
> adjustable.  And maybe have ALT-mousewheel scroll horizontally.

did you notice the move feature of the middle mouse button?
its a bit counter intuitive right now. but I'll change it to work like
in the gimp.

> Apart from that. I can't await to get some new images to test hugin
> with (I'm going to Florence for a few days tomorrow...).

have fun there!