Picker Probs in tarball oct 08

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Wed Oct 8 12:57:53 BST 2003

Mike Runge wrote:

> Hmm,
>
> it's not easy to describe, but something is broken with the new picker.
> - first try of picking a pair with aft and auto add works fine.
> - first try of picking a pair with aft and without auto add (using mb3) works
> fine.
>
> But after some pickes I'm always lost with zoomed in view and no point was
> created?! Fit to screen selection for zoom brings me back to start, but I'm
> not able to create new pairs?! I' still able to pick left or right and the
> small marker will be set, baut the sequenz of "first point, second point of a
> pair" seems to be broken and no point will be really created?!
>
> Strange - is this only on w2k? Pablo, Pit, have you tried it?

Indeed, now as you mention it, I also had some problems with the 07
tarball (didn't try 08 yet).  I cannot exactly remember how I produced
it, but indeed I was stuck with one zoomed image although no point had
been set.  It might have been in connection with failing aft and/or
accepting/ignoring them.  I'll check 08 later and see if I can
reproduce it.

> But the new method gave me an idea:
> Without auto add there would be no longer a need for 'real' manual picking.
> - pick left (zoom)
> - adjust left (if nessesairy)
> - pick right (aft tries to do the best - zoom)
> - pick again right (if nessesairy)
> - pick mb3 or add point (back to fit-to-screen)
> What do you think?

Looks very nice and basically resembles what I had in mind :-)
Indeed the display of the aft-point is a good idea.  At the moment it
immediately closes the window unless it found a bad match - but then
you see the position where you clicked marked, not the one aft found.

   Pit