Picker Probs in tarball oct 08

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Wed Oct 8 14:08:13 BST 2003

Pablo, Pit,

it's not so easy to reproduce, but normally it just takes a few pairs and I'm
lost again.

Here's a method that should reproduce it:
Working with aft and auto-add pair picking works fine as long as hugin finds
a good solution.
Try to provoke the new 'bad correlation message'. If you select
"Yes/Continue" everything is fine. If you select "No" and try to re-pick the
second poit the struggle starts (sometimes, not in all cases).
Look sharp how the cursor/marker looks like. If the struggle starts, a new
set marker is still round, but has a small rectangle as well.
Maybe a click in the wrong window (where the first point was set) is able to
provoke the behaviour as well?!

Feels like the interuption of the message window has to do with it. In case
of working without auto-add the right mouse event to return to fit-to-screen
does not work in that situation.

Beeing in that 'lost' situation has various effects:
- aft region (rectangular) appears all the time for second point - never
matches
- you have deleted all points an no first point set, but aft region is shown.

- marker is set, but has a small rectangle. Point is not added.
- mb3 (add point does not work)

Hmm,
Pablo, I would look for the event for the new bad correlation window or for
the new mb3-add-point feature.
Looks like the sequenze runs out of scope?!

Hope this helps you to reproduce the behaviour.

>Indeed, now as you mention it, I also had some problems with the 07
>tarball (didn't try 08 yet).  I cannot exactly remember how I produced
>it, but indeed I was stuck with one zoomed image although no point had
>been set.  It might have been in connection with failing aft and/or
>accepting/ignoring them.  I'll check 08 later and see if I can
>reproduce it.

Pit,
I haven't seen taht behavior in oct 07 code, but you did a lot more points

best, mike