Some errors

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Wed Oct 8 12:16:38 BST 2003

  Hi,

yesterday I played around with the nightly tarball from Oct. 7.
In general, everything worked very smooth.

Still, I stumbled across some errors/problems:

- compiling.  gcc 2.95 did not like the filter.h in PanoImage.  It was
  in DOS mode (CRLF), I think it's giving problems with escaping the
  line break...

- (At least) the latest version seems to use the LANG setting for
  formating the print output for the control file.  Now, german uses a
  colon (,) for decimal point.  Of course, PTOptimizer&Co don't like
  that....

- The information on color/brightness correction is not written to the
  control file and thus it is not used...

- There's a small typo in the tooltip 'Panorama type':  A /n instead
  of \n

- I'm doing sperical panos.  While the auto-fine-tune works perfectly
  for the center row(*), it miserably fails when the camera is tilted
  up or down as the image rotation between two parts is too huge.
  A remapping aft is definitely needed there...
  (*) did you improve the algorithm?  For the first ~100 points I
  didn't get a single failure, so I provoked one to assure me it *is*
  working... :-)

- In the image list, parameters stand as 'yaw, pitch. roll', whereas
  in the input fields above the selected image they are 'yaw, roll, pitch'

Cheers,

  Pit