hugin crash and ideas

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Mon Oct 6 12:20:45 BST 2003

  Hi!

Lots of traffic here today ;^>
Before I forget it, here a crash report and some ideas from the
weekend:

The 'remove' button in the image list does remove the selected image
from the internal list, but not from the displayed one.  If you remove
one in the middle of the list, suddenly a name appears twice (but the
correct image is displayed in the window if you click there).
If you remove the last image of the list it still is in the list.  If
you click there, hugin dies.

Which brings me to the first idea:  Autosave would be nice. I lost 10
images worth of controlpoints :-(

Another thing is that I'm often working in 100% mode, where you have
to scroll the images.  It would be nice to have an option, e.g. by
additionally pressing shift, to scroll *both* images (I normally do it
with the mouse wheel).

Similar thing:  Often auto-fine-tune points are only slightly below
the threshold.  Maybe allowing to override the threshold with
shift-klick is a nice idea?

Last point is 'optics'.  At least here, the width of the tabs (e.g.,
in image lists etc) seems to be automatic, but it also seems to
neglect the width of the header text cell, which often gets
truncated.  Maybe there's an easy way to get around that?

That's it for the moment.

  Pit