Image tabs in control points

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Wed Oct 1 15:55:12 BST 2003

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

> true.  On smaller screens with large images at 200% the search region
> is easily larger than your displayed area ;^>

you can reduce the search region size then ;)

Acutally I usually use fit to window, or 100% if I'm not sure if the
point is good. I normally never zoom into the picture. I think I'll add
two other small previews like in ptopengui, that show the control points
zoomed in, just for fun, and for me to see if and how well a future subpixel
matching correlation works.

> > Are you using fisheye or rectilinear images?
>
> Rectilinear.  I just bought a new one (Fuji 602Z - I can really
> recommend it!).  I do have a simple semi-fisheye converter from Hama,
> but the quality is too bad for real use :-(
> That means some 30 images for a full pano.

My equipment is also quite simple. I have a Canon A40, 2 megapixel, no
wide angle adapter, and not even a pano head ;)

> Until now, I used the original PanoramaTools software with my old
> camera (1.3 Megapixels), and both the software is a bit strenuous to
> use, and the lens of the camera is not really good

You managed to stitch the 360 deg with java gui that came with
panotools? You must have a lot more nerves and patience than I have ;)

> (http://hst33127.phys.uu.nl/~pit/Pano/Singel.jpg is the highlight so
> far, but still has lots of problems, e.g. at the bicycle).  So I'm
> really looking forward to use hugin with good data :-))

I found that matched control points, and a semi-guessed value for b
works fine for me, at least for handheld outdoor panoramas.

I'll post an example later this evening.