Image tabs in control points

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Wed Oct 1 14:51:01 BST 2003

> > This is the frame drawn around the cursor, I guess?  Yes, I noticed
> > this is larger now.
>
> No, thats the search region. the template is taken out of the first
> image and is then searched in the second image.
>
> Probably I should also add a visual display for the template size, not
> only the search region.

true.  On smaller screens with large images at 200% the search region
is easily larger than your displayed area ;^>

> the template size is 15 by 15 with the current default settings, and
> the search region 10% of the image width. As noted before, older
> version used smaller regions, to be sure to use these settings edit
> or remove the config file/registry keys.

That's where I noticed it:  My first try after the 'vanished tabs' was
to remove the config file...

> > Yes, I read the previous mail, but didn't play around with it yet.  I
> > still need to get a good pano series from my new camera - don't have a
> > nodal point setup yet...
>
> Are you using fisheye or rectilinear images?

Rectilinear.  I just bought a new one (Fuji 602Z - I can really
recommend it!).  I do have a simple semi-fisheye converter from Hama,
but the quality is too bad for real use :-(
That means some 30 images for a full pano.
Until now, I used the original PanoramaTools software with my old
camera (1.3 Megapixels), and both the software is a bit strenuous to
use, and the lens of the camera is not really good
(http://hst33127.phys.uu.nl/~pit/Pano/Singel.jpg is the highlight so
far, but still has lots of problems, e.g. at the bicycle).  So I'm
really looking forward to use hugin with good data :-))

  Pit