Makefiles

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Fri May 30 10:48:46 BST 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Juha Helminen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed Linux on my home computer and start check from there how
> hugin works. Then it will be easier to make makefiles for windows
> compiler as I know then what will be result ;) I didn't test to compile
> anything so everything in setup is not ready.

creating a project file for hugin shouldn't be too complicated I hope
The makefiles (particulary rules.mk) are very complicated. But normaly
you don't need to touch these.

When you create the project files for windows, the following
is the main idea behind the directory structure:
Basically there are several subdirs in src, each for a particular
"module". The Panorama and jhead subdirs contain stuff that is compiled
into a library while the hugin subdir contains the source that will be
compiled into the executable.
The include dir just contains includes for these "modules". It should
be suffiecnt to add that dir to the include path of the compiler in
order to compile the other files.

> I added to old BCB www-page note from where this mailing list can be
> found. Marek Januszewski <spec at webtech.pl> wrote to me that he gets some
> errors with XRC. Message is "Resource - cannot bitmap from 'bitmap'". Do
> you know what this could mean?

Probably that it xrc couldn't load some bitmap for the toolbar. All that
stuff is currently changing and I hope it'll work better in the future.

> Hugin has small installation help. Are there others? My Linux installing
> is from "clean" enviroment so I need to check that there are all needed
> tools available. I suppose that RedHat 9 contains enough tools
> +wxWindows src is needed.

I'm working on that right now. I'm just creating better makefiles and
also a small configure script. (handwritten so far, but I might consider
using autoconf for that). The problem with xrc is that it is not
compiled automatically, but has to be specified when compiling
wxwindows. Hopefully most distributions provide it in their main
wxwin package or in a separate wxwin-contrib package (as debian does).