Makefiles

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Fri May 30 11:07:12 BST 2003

On Fri 30-May-2003 at 09:48:46AM +0200, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

> > Hugin has small installation help. Are there others? My Linux
> > installing is from "clean" enviroment so I need to check that
> > there are all needed tools available. I suppose that RedHat 9
> > contains enough tools +wxWindows src is needed.

redhat 9 doesn't by default, but it's very easy to add with apt.

Go to http://freshrpms.net/apt/ to download and install the redhat9
apt package:

   rpm -ivh apt-xxxxxx.rpm

Then you can just install everything you need to compile hugin:

   apt-get update
   apt-get install wxGTK-xrc wxGTK-devel

It should resolve any dependencies and install anything else you
need.

> I'm working on that right now. I'm just creating better makefiles and
> also a small configure script. (handwritten so far, but I might consider
> using autoconf for that). The problem with xrc is that it is not
> compiled automatically, but has to be specified when compiling
> wxwindows. Hopefully most distributions provide it in their main
> wxwin package or in a separate wxwin-contrib package (as debian does).

freshrpms now have a wxGTK-xrc rpm package for redhat9.

--
Bruno