wxwindows experiments

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Mon May 19 15:12:33 BST 2003

Hi Bruno,
On Mon, 19 May 2003, Bruno Postle wrote:

> Nope, you only added src/wxwin/ImgScrollWindow.h

ups, my mistake. Added the other files as well.

> It seems that wx is targeted at cross-platform compatibility at the
> expense of some elegance, whereas qt is _very_ smooth on linux but
> deliberately second-rate on windows?

QT is very smooth on windows as well. its just that trolltech is a
commercial company and they want to sell QT for Windows and thus they
have only released a free QT 2.3 binary for windows and only for MS visual
C (I don't understand the reason behind that.). Thats not the biggest
problem for me, since my main platform is linux and I have access to MS
Visual C, to compile a windows version.