[ptx] 'circle-kind' output of optimization for a 360 degree panorama

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Tue Dec 16 11:55:23 GMT 2003

On Tue 16-Dec-2003 at 05:57:45PM +0800, Sebastian wrote:

> So, reverting to the pre-optimization .pto file I choose "Position + View"
> optimization, in the hope that a reduced fov would counter the creation on a
> circle. The result of the optimization is the dialog shown in the
> (opt-with-view.png) file.

Yes, the first problem is probably caused by setting the FOV too high.

When the FOV gets optimised to zero, it's normally because the
positions of the images need to be quite good first.

I can only suggest trying different values for the field-of-view and
optimising positions until they are nearly-ok - After that, you can
optimise the FOV.

--
Bruno