[ptx] better control point ui (was release version 0.4?)

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Sat Dec 13 13:43:06 GMT 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 06:02, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> ups. I just noticed that auto estimage needs a second click on the first
> image, even if 100% zoom is on. Fixed in current cvs.

WOW.  Now it's even faster.  I prepared a two-image stitch in about
45sec, from opening hugin to being ready for the renderer.

New procedure:
> >   Zoom: 100%
> >   [X] auto fine tune
> >   [X] auto add
> >   [X] auto estimate
> >
> >   Click on left image, VERIFY point is on same feature on right image.
> >   Point is placed and fine-tuned on its own.
> >   Repeat.

And it's VERY nice to see the "vert. line" indicator appear
automatically.  That was pretty cumbersome before.

The only other important UI thing I might change in this area is to
disable the controls which can adjust a point, if no point is selected
in the list box.  My first few runs of hugin were confusing because I
thought they were setting a mode, like "change this to vert, then add
the points."  These controls are best use to change an existing point if
the automatic decision was made incorrectly.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]