[ptx] release version 0.4?

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Fri Dec 12 23:46:18 GMT 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Edward Wildgoose wrote:

> > Anything critical that should also be fixed for 0.4?
>
> Well since you asked...
>
> Not things to fix in v0.3 actually, but just observations....
>
> At long last I took the time to give Hugin a try and I was pretty stunned by how good it looks.  Well done folks, it's a really sleek looking app, and at first sight seems to do pretty much everything that my favourite alternative, ptassembler, does.
>
> Now the things I missed from ptassembler were:
>
> - a popup zoom window which tracks the cursor while picking control
> points.  I use a micro laptop with a 1024x768 screen and it's kind of
> fiddly using the hugin auto zoom method on each point (Although it worked
> very well in conjunction with the auto point adjustment, at least in my
> testing - that is very nice!)

Probably won't make it into 0.4, because personally I think I do not need
it. would be nice to have anyway. so if you wanna code ;)

I'm quite happy with the zoomed out view, click image twice, watch "auto fine tune"
and "auto estimate", press right mouse button.

> - Scrolling both windows at the same time by holding down the shift key
> (or similar).  Useful shortcut when you are on laptop without a mouse
> because it saves having to move the cursor into each window and try to
> grab the scroll bar.  Actually, as a keyboard addict another idea occurs
> which is perhaps that while holding down the control key the arrow keys
> scroll one of the windows around, and then control and shift would link
> the windows together and allow keyboard scrolling (shift on it's own would
> require you to use the mouse).  This would be neat because you could
> quickly scroll around without using the mouse...

I just added something similar:
shift + mouse movement, or shift + cursor keys -> scroll both windows
ctrl + mouse movement, or cursor keys -> scroll single window

> Something which I couldn't work out was how to add control points...
> Basically if I have "auto add" switched on then everything is fine, but
> with it switched off how do I add the two currently selected points?

With the right mouse button. Or the "a" key (just added to cvs ;)

> Just for reference this was using the latest available test build for
> windows downloaded from the website (sadly my laptops are still on windows
> because I haven't found any lcd screen profiling tools for X.  Under
> windows I can use a Monitor Spyder to calibrate for colour correction
> which really makes it much easier to edit photos. ie my laptop screen is
> not great and needs a lot of correction)

Hmm, if you find some good color calibration for linux laptops, please let me
know, got a similar problem.

> Very impressive, thanks to all the authors for their hard work!

Thanks.

I just added a short keyboard shortcut reference as well ;)