[ptx] release version 0.4?

Fri Dec 12 17:44:47 GMT 2003

> Anything critical that should also be fixed for 0.4?

Well since you asked...

Not things to fix in v0.3 actually, but just observations....

At long last I took the time to give Hugin a try and I was pretty stunned by how good it looks.  Well done folks, it's a really sleek looking app, and at first sight seems to do pretty much everything that my favourite alternative, ptassembler, does.

Now the things I missed from ptassembler were:

- a popup zoom window which tracks the cursor while picking control points.  I use a micro laptop with a 1024x768 screen and it's kind of fiddly using the hugin auto zoom method on each point (Although it worked very well in conjunction with the auto point adjustment, at least in my testing - that is very nice!)
- Scrolling both windows at the same time by holding down the shift key (or similar).  Useful shortcut when you are on laptop without a mouse because it saves having to move the cursor into each window and try to grab the scroll bar.  Actually, as a keyboard addict another idea occurs which is perhaps that while holding down the control key the arrow keys scroll one of the windows around, and then control and shift would link the windows together and allow keyboard scrolling (shift on it's own would require you to use the mouse).  This would be neat because you could quickly scroll around without using the mouse...

Something which I couldn't work out was how to add control points...  Basically if I have "auto add" switched on then everything is fine, but with it switched off how do I add the two currently selected points?

Just for reference this was using the latest available test build for windows downloaded from the website (sadly my laptops are still on windows because I haven't found any lcd screen profiling tools for X.  Under windows I can use a Monitor Spyder to calibrate for colour correction which really makes it much easier to edit photos. ie my laptop screen is not great and needs a lot of correction)

Very impressive, thanks to all the authors for their hard work!

Ed W