[ptx] Hugin compilation for OS X

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Fri Dec 12 10:52:47 GMT 2003

On Thu 11-Dec-2003 at 04:35:55PM +0100, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> Sorry for my delay in sending this email to ptx:

(sorry for setting the spam filters to block Kai-Uwe from posting)

> sys_mac.h is needed for compiling libpano12 on mac. There are patches
> available. I dont have these patches.

The sources for the ptmac modified version of pano12 are on the
ptmac download page:

    http://www.kekus.com/ptmac/download/download_ptmac.html
    http://www.kekus.com/ptmac/download/PTMac2_0/sources.sit

I guess this is the source Sébastien was trying to compile.

I have never used a mac, so this is speculation:

-  I imagine that with a recompiled pano12 and the header files in
   the right place, there should be no big problem getting hugin to
   compile and run.

   Unfortunately, pano12 compilation depends on java (though this
   could hacked out potentially).

   Can hugin now be compiled without pano12?  or does somebody need
   to go through hugin and remove the unused code?

-  Helmut never released PTOptimizer and PTStitcher for osX, so
   these need to be run in 'classic' emulation mode - Presumably
   with a 'classic' version of pano12 too.

   Kevin Kratzke recreated this functionality in ptmac so that he
   can sell it for osX.  Hugin is _almost_ at the point where it
   doesn't depend on these tools either.

> what does the mac version of libpano? Can You help Sébastien to compile
> libpano. He likes to run hugin. At the moment he needs sys_mac.h and maybe
> other patches for libpano as well.

I have an unused G4 sat on my desk, if I find the time, I might give
this a go if somebody can point me in the right direction.

--
Bruno