[ptx] Hugin compilation for OS X

Sébastien Noir info at blackos.com
Fri Dec 12 15:35:11 GMT 2003

>> sys_mac.h is needed for compiling libpano12 on mac. There are patches
>> available. I dont have these patches.
>
> The sources for the ptmac modified version of pano12 are on the
> ptmac download page:
>
>     http://www.kekus.com/ptmac/download/download_ptmac.html
>     http://www.kekus.com/ptmac/download/PTMac2_0/sources.sit

Yes they are. But these are not enough to build the panotools, it
seems. This package is intended to build the .bundle needed by PTMac.
The problem is that it can't be used by any other application (info
from PTMac author)...

I've tried to compile a version with files form this bundle's sources,
files form the linux sources, and some modification.
I haven't succeded yet, unfortunately...

> I guess this is the source Sébastien was trying to compile.
>
> I have never used a mac, so this is speculation:
>
> -  I imagine that with a recompiled pano12 and the header files in
>    the right place, there should be no big problem getting hugin to
>    compile and run.
>
>    Unfortunately, pano12 compilation depends on java (though this
>    could hacked out potentially).
java shouldn't be to much of a problem on mac os x, does it?

>    Can hugin now be compiled without pano12?  or does somebody need
>    to go through hugin and remove the unused code?
>
> -  Helmut never released PTOptimizer and PTStitcher for osX, so
>    these need to be run in 'classic' emulation mode - Presumably
>    with a 'classic' version of pano12 too.
>
>    Kevin Kratzke recreated this functionality in ptmac so that he
>    can sell it for osX.  Hugin is _almost_ at the point where it
>    doesn't depend on these tools either.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Sébastien Noir